Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Patience..

I had this strange habit of asking a hell lot of questions to my dad when i was a little kid..it used to get to a point sometimes when any person would get irritated with the number of questions i had..but thanx to a patient guy like my dad, every thing was answered with such ease and comfort that i never had to ask him the same question again..it also had to do something with my memory..If he knew the answer he would tell it to me but if he didnt know it, there was no pretending on his side that Oh..this one is so easy..i cant recollect now and i will get back to you.., he would straightaway say i dont know....

Just on similar lines is my advisor Dr Njus...a brilliant mind and a fantastic person..He has this straight-in-your-face look most times and for people who dont know him, its a wee bit strange..but for us, its the normal routine...he is just the kind of person you would want to be your mentor...if you have the answer say it out, if you dont, say you dont...no messing around...a man of very few words..deeply attached to his home state of IOWA..

Come to think of it, my dad and Dr Njus have many things in common and at the same time they both are very different individuals...I am not comparing the two and i am not distinguishing them either...just felt about writing about them..and to what extent they have altered my life..

For few more months i will be in Dr Njus's lab finishing my Master's and i am sure..its going to be a great "adventure"..adventure because even though we have lot of plans for the project, we dont know where we are going to land up..Rest assured..its going to be one heck of a time at Calhoun Research Lab..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home