Saturday, September 24, 2005

A NEW BEGINNING...

I am back...as a married guy...things back home worked out great and married life seems peaceful ;)...but not before some drama that erupted even before i landed in India..

I was to leave Cleveland on the 24th of August and the marriage was on the 28th...Everything seemed pretty nice until late 24th afternoon, my plane to New Jersey took off some 2 hours after the scheduled time...so what happens..I miss my flight to India...Yes, you saw that right..i was so tense and disheartened and i had some trouble with my cell phone so i told a friend to call home and let my parents know i am still in the US..My friend couldnt connect to my home number and i ended up calling my dad SOMEHOW...my dad couldnt believe it was me and he was shocked as hell when he came to know i was stranded...I told him to convey the news to my in-laws house and they didnt know what to do..the worst part was this..26th was Kirti's b'day and i so badly wanted to be with her that day..But, things werent meant to be that way for us..It was like the movie THE TERMINAL (Tom Hanks) for me..Although i havent seen the movie i sure felt miserable..I had 24 hours on my hands till i could board a plane Home..Time passed as slow as possible...and i ended up checking in a hotel at 3:30 am..It was relief abound when i landed in Mumbai on the night of 26th and was extremely thrilled to see my parents, my brother and sis-in-law waiting for me...

I had a great time in India and everything compensated for that one night in Newark...One thing, I didnt feel as upset or lonely as i was when i left India last January becoz i didnt have a secure future..But now, things are surely looking bright as my wife will be following me mid-october and my parents are expected here mid-february..

It sure seems like a new beginning and to be truthful, this is the first time in 3 years, I am really enjoying my life in the United States..

For those interested, here are some of the photos from the India trip..
http://photos.yahoo.com/rajeshanantharaman The album is INDIA TRIP AUG-SEP 2005.

More BLOGS to follow..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home